[Wine]Differents apps with different wondows version

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Tue Dec 7 10:25:33 CST 2004

Dripple wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if changing windows version for an app would affect its
> behaviour. I mean, I have an app that requires IE. So I used Sidenet
> script to install it. But it installs a Win98 version. So fat, my app no
> more claims for IE, but running it in Win98 config make it need a native
> comctl32.dll and though a native commctrl.dll.
>
> I was wondering if changing the app version to Win2K will affect it, as
> IE is installed in a Win98 version...

In most cases the version will not make a difference. But there are
exceptions; I have some apps that require a WinNT or later version, and
some that require Win98 (at least this used to be true, I have not
verified this recently).

You can specify a different version on a per app basis, in you
~/.wine/config file with entries like:

[AppDefaults\\myst.exe\\Version]
"Windows" = "win98"