[Wine]Wine on FC2 crashes on File Selection dialog

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Tue Dec 7 11:19:47 CST 2004

> On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 01:30, HaJo Schatz wrote:
> > Hi List,
> >
> > My FC2 Wine installation crashes (without any message displayed) on
> > every application which shows the std. file selection dialog (eg File -
> > Open) as soon as I change the directory in the dialog or click "OK" or
> > "Cancel". This even happens with the stock "notepad" that comes with
> > Wine.

In a last attempt to solve above issue (before going back to dual-boot,
argl) I'm trying wild guesses: Anyone here running Wine on a box without
Floppy-drive? My problem occurs on a laptop which only has the option of
a USB-Floppy, which I have not connected...

The same issue btw also occurs with the latest Wine of December and with
CrossOverOffice Eval. I'm really wondering why no-one else seems to have
that problem!?!

If only I could figure out how to do a bt after the crash, wine seems
not to like being debugged by gdb, notepad in such a case doesn't run at
all it seems...

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net>
http://www.HaJo.Net