[Wine]fonts - newbie squared

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 7 15:09:34 CST 2004

 --- "David L. Smith" <smithfamily at oswego.net> a écrit :
> 	Background:
> I run an NT 4.0 installation that also boots to my primary Linux (Red Hat 9)
> sitting on a partition in a second drive. Earlier, after installing Red Hat
> 9, I tried to install wine, but it Had Problems, even when I tried some of
> the solutions. So I waited. Recently, I tried to install an updated version
> of wine using an rpm, so I tried to unstall the old stuff. Wouldn't
> uninstall, and the rpm wouldn't install. So I deleted as much as I could
better read doc about rpm, "rpm -Uvh winepackage.rpm" should update it.
you dont need to uninstall anything.

> 4. Can I add ntfs directories into the FontDirs? or would it try to write to
> file?
avoid using ntfs directories, as usually they arent writable.

> 6. What obvious thing am I missing? <sigh>
"Wouldn't  uninstall, and the rpm wouldn't install." => make sure you are root to do that...

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle_at_users_dot_sourceforge_dot_net)
humans are like computers,
yesterday the BIOS was all
- today its just a word