[Wine]i need serious help

Ben Prescott abend at ntlworld.com
Tue Dec 14 14:32:10 CST 2004

> It's not actually a gunzip file.  It's a regular web page...a book
> about linux actually.  Don't know why they would add that gz
> extension.

The book is available online only in that format. It assumes use of a
current browser. They can download the pages compressed and uncompress
them on the fly - saves on one's bandwidth, I guess.

The likes of firefox can cope fine, as can recent versions of IE - I think.

Obviously, if Linux is installed already, there's probably a decent
browser installed. (I did think that one through ;o)

It seems your broswer advertises this capability along with all the
other stuff it sends out there ...

Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate

regards, Ben.

--
722

The system cancelled your job because an output limit was exceeded for
lines being printed or cards being punched.