[Wine]More problems with latest of of Sid

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Mon Dec 20 03:50:04 CST 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 10:08 +0200, David Baron wrote:
> On Sunday 19 December 2004 23:52, Scott Ritchie wrote:
> > Are you using the latest Debian packages from the winehq.org website, or
> > the latest ones taken from the Debian distribution?
> >
> > The ones made by me on our website are significantly newer.
>
> Debian Sid. Should I take the ones on winehq?
> Are these problems addressed there?

Maybe, maybe not.  Either way we can't support very old versions, and
the most updated packages will be on the winehq web site.  The ones in
Debian are only updated when the Debian package maintainer gets around
to it, which in recent history has been on average a few months.

Wine has no serious dependencies, there's nothing to lose by grabbing
the winehq ones.

-Scott