[Wine]Xara X Install or Execute

Duane Clark dclark at akamail.com
Sun Dec 26 15:32:12 CST 2004

J Facemyer wrote:
> Here's a dump of the tmp.log I got.  It's big because I've got some
> fonts installed.  This message kept recurring:
>
> trace:font:FONT_mbtowc charset 0 => cp 1252
> trace:font:FONT_mbtowc mapped "The Xara X font is not installed.
> XARAFONT.FON in the Xara X directory is a copy of this font. Please
> re-install the font using the Windows Control Panel." -> L"The Xara X
> font is not installed. XARAFONT.FON in the Xara X directory is a copy of
> this font. Please re-install the font using the Windows Control Panel."
> trace:font:WineEngGetTextExtentPoint 0x77ca4db8, L"The Xara X font is
> not installed. XARAFONT.FON in the Xara X directory is a copy of this
> font. Please re-install the font using the Windows Control Panel.", 154,
> 0x778fe4fc
>

> Any idea?

Well, a 600KB attachment is a bit on the large side...

> trace:font:load_fontconfig_fonts fontconfig: /usr/share/fonts/TT/cour.ttf
> trace:font:AddFontFileToList Loading font file "/usr/share/fonts/TT/cour.ttf" index 0
> trace:font:AddFontFileToList fsCsb = 400001ff ffff0000/00007a87 80000000 00000008 00000000
> trace:font:AddFontFileToList Added font L"Courier New" L"Regular"
> trace:font:load_fontconfig_fonts fontconfig: /usr/share/fonts/wine/Xarafont.fon
> trace:font:load_fontconfig_fonts fontconfig: /usr/share/fonts/TT/Gascogne.TTF

It appeats that the load of the Xara font fails, since it makes no calls
to AddFontToList. You can look at the code of load_fontconfig_fonts():
http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/gdi/freetype.c#L840
There are two spots where it could have failed. Either the call to
pFcInit() or pFcFontList().

I don't really know what to look at there. I guess it basically comes
down to Wine not being able to use that font for some reason. I think it
might be that Wine does not understand .fon fonts, though font handling
has changed quite a bit recently so I am not sure whether that is still
true.