[Wine]School Software with WINE

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Fri Dec 31 07:58:11 CST 2004

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 02:13:17 -0800, Mitchel Constantin wrote:
> The native DLLs that I'm trying to use are: msvbvm60.dll,
> oleaut32.dll, msvcrt20.dll, rpcrt4.dll, netapi.dll, netbios.dll,
> oleaut32.dll, rpcrt4.dll, ole32.dll, netapi32.dll, msvcrt20.dll. The
> wine version is 20040213 and was included with my distribution.

Hi.

Firstly this version is far too old. Please upgrade to a later version
(doesn't have to be the very latest) and try again.

Secondly, I don't know what kind of school this is, but if you can't get
the app running yourself you could talk to CodeWeavers, and we may be able
to fix you up (for a price, I'm afraid ...)

Thirdly, you are correct about NWLINK being a driver. It's one Wine does
not implement.

Here are the native DLLs you are trying to use, along with what they do:

msvbvm60: visual basic support, should be fine
oleaut32, ole32, rpcrt4: DCOM/OLE, should be fine
netapi: networking API (16 bit?), perhaps is not fine
netapi32: ditto
netbios.dll: almost certainly will not work
msvcrt20: C library, should be fine

So I'd update to the latest Wine, remove the net* dlls and try again.

Let us know how you get on!

thanks -mike