Do i even have DGA?

cedric cedric.de.wijs at softhome.net
Wed Feb 4 04:07:44 CST 2004

I'm sorry for not searching the archives first, but i have a dial-up acces and
try to minimize online time.

Hi, i try to enable DGA on my box, in order to get more dhan 1 fps on
starcraft. I looked at the config file and noticed the following section:

; Use XFree86 DGA extension if present
; (make sure /dev/mem is accessible by you !)
"UseDGA" = "Y"

I made sure i have complete acces to /dev/mem (and everybody else)
;crw-r-----    1 root     kmem       1,   1 Jan 23 17:29 /dev/mem #ori value
;crw-rw-rw-    1 root     kmem       1,   1 Jan 23 17:29 /dev/mem #new value

This didn't solve the problem.

Then i run glxinfo |grep dga. No output. I guess i don't have DGA

Furthermore, it's not being loaded at startx: