NT Shutdown

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 4 09:55:37 CST 2004

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 01:23:21 +0200, you wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When I try to install ie everything appears to run fine until reboot
> time. Then I get an "NT Shutdown: ExitWindowsEx error" which pops up. If
> I click OK and run wineboot no more errors appear. However ie is still
> not installed. If I run the setup again then it goes very quickly to the
> reboot screen and the process begins again.
>
> Can anyone help me out here? I am clueless.

Hmm, msdn documentation and Wine are not the same here.

If you compile yourself, open the file ./windows/user.c in your editor
and go to the function ExitWindowsEx(). The last lines are:

|     HeapFree( GetProcessHeap(), 0, list );
|
|     if (result) ExitKernel16();
|     return FALSE;
| }

This is around line nr. 333. Change the FALSE into TRUE and recompile.
Report what difference that makes.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes