hosting warcraft 3 multiplayer games

Tudor Vinereanu tudorv at
Wed Feb 11 21:29:05 CST 2004

Hi Philippe,

> I've been trying to host Warcraft 3 games, without success so far. I have
> an iptables firewall up but I believe it is setup correctly : I can host
> Starcraft games.

If you mean creating an Arranged Team game on, I had a similar problem,
with a hardware firewall: nobody could connect to my game.

The solution is to allow external connections to port 6112 (this is the
default, you can change it in Options->Gameplay). Check your firewall
logs, you'll probably see rejected packets coming to port 6112.

If you use NAT to share the Internet connection with other(s), make sure
the packets coming to port 6112 are directed to your computer. In my
case, I had to define a pinhole in my router/firewall (used for NAT too).

Also in case of NAT, if the others you're sharing the connection with
play Warcraft III at the same time, you'll have to define separate ports
for each of them (6113, 6114 etc.) This is explained in some Blizzard

Hope this helps,