TCP/IP under GNU/Linux

Sam Halliday fommil at yahoo.ie
Fri Feb 13 13:43:41 CST 2004

hi there,

i have gotten Grand Theft Auto (which is available free for download at
http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/gta.htm) working well under wine.
there seems to be a "network play" option which should automatically
detect TCP/IP availability. unfortunately the game thinks i am on a
standalone machine when in fact i am on a DHCP served LAN.

this makes me think either wine does not yet support the networking mode
for this game, in which case asking for advise is a lost cause, or that
i have not enabled TCP/IP. preferring the latter situation, i searched
the docs on how to enable TCP/IP networking under wine, but am no wiser.

could anyone please advise me on how to set up TCP/IP? i do not have a
windows partition, and all my networking is running fine for my "Debian
GNU/Linux testing/unstable/experimental" system.

cheers,
Sam
--
Free High School Science Texts