TCP/IP under GNU/Linux

Sam Halliday fommil at yahoo.ie
Sun Feb 15 14:47:58 CST 2004

Rein Klazes wrote:
> Then where does it go wrong? If I start the program, I get a menu from
> where I select "join network", press enter for some character, get a
> menu with some networking options, select the first one: TCP/IP and
> then the winsock messages appear.

i don't have ANY options at all when choosing a network connection... it
says there are none found.

is there anything i should need in my kernel to enable TCP/IP under
wine? or any daemons which need to be running? i have been running this
(constantly upgrading) desktop now for near on 3 years and have never
had any network problems for native programs. i am using the 2.6.2 linux
kernel

cheers,
Sam
--