TCP/IP under GNU/Linux

Sam Halliday fommil at yahoo.ie
Mon Feb 16 06:20:43 CST 2004

Rein Klazes wrote:
> Sam Halliday wrote:
> > is there anything i should need in my kernel to enable TCP/IP under
> > wine? or any daemons which need to be running?
> None whatsoever beyond Linux networking properly.

hmm :-/ thats got me stumped

> > i have been running this
> > (constantly upgrading) desktop now for near on 3 years and have
> > never had any network problems for native programs. i am using the
> > 2.6.2 linux kernel
> The problem is that the program does not even try. If there is
> something wrong with your setup, we do not see it.

i have tried fiddling with every option the game has (there are not
many) and it makes no difference.

it seems that networking is working for me under wine, as putty works! i
think we had already decided it was the game though. which puzzles me,
as you say it works for you... are you running the original release of
the game, or did you download the free version from the link i gave in
my first email? are you using a fake_windows version of wine, or do you
have a windows partition to aid things? [however, i needed to download
the mfc42.dll file for the game to run, since i don't have a windows
install.]

cheers,
Sam
--