Half-life errors

Brett I. Holcomb brettholcomb at charter.net
Mon Feb 16 20:33:16 CST 2004

I am running wine-cvs and ran Half-Life with

wine -- hl.exe -console.

The game starts, I can load a saved game with no problem and play it a
little.  However, I hit esc, get the game's menu and select quit.  At
this point the game evidently exits - the screen goes black and I'm left
with my window and it's border.  I can not close the window or do
anything with it.  If I go to the xterm I started the game in I have the
messages below.

1. Any idea what is happening - why does the window not close.  I have
to kill -9 to get rid of it.  I've tried various settings in the ~/.wine
config file with no luck.

2.  Any thing I can do to help troubleshoot this.  If I hit ctl-c at the
Wine-dbg prompt I get data streaming rapidly by on the screen until I
hit ctl-c a few more times.

Thanks.

Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x472396a0 in 32-bit
code (0x404f9680).
In 32-bit mode.
0x404f9680 (INSTR_EmulateInstruction+0x80 in KERNEL32.DLL): movzbl
0x0(%edi),%edx
Wine-dbg>