Att. Admin: Mailing list subject prefix... please?

David Jones gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Feb 17 12:55:11 CST 2004

I use a mail client that only displays a certain number of characters to
the subject line. Adding such list-identifiers (especially at the start
of the subject) just adds useless garbage that nearly makes the subject
line useless to me. If it could be added at the END of the subject, then
people could still filter on it without other people having it clutter
the subject line.

FWIW, I'm firmly convinced that this whole concept of modifying subjects
arose solely for one thing - to compensate for the inability of Outlook
Express and older versions of Outlook to filter on anything *except*
Subject, From, and To fields.

But what do I know? I can't STAND doing email via Outlook or web-based
services - every one I've ever met has been slow and clumsy! ;-)

David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com