Problem installing IE6
Joachim von Thadden
thadden at web.de
Fri Feb 20 09:13:03 CST 2004
----- Forwarded message from Joachim von Thadden <thadden at web.de> -----
From: Joachim von Thadden <thadden at web.de>
Reply-To: thadden at web.de
To: mcrowe at cox.net
Subject: Re: Problem installing IE6
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:32:59 +0100
Message-ID: <20040220123259.GA2186 at trialogic.de>
Organization: Meine kleine Ich-AG
Am Don, Feb 19, 2004 at 04:19:42 -0500 schrieb mcrowe at cox.net:
> I am trying to install Internet Explorer 6, SP1 on
> my Redhat 9 laptop, with 20031212 of wine.
> I have a Windows XP system that I have been copying
> DLLs from as I run into problems. Unfortunately,
> my most recent error is:
1. Don't copy DLLs from Win XP. They are known mostly not to work!
2. Start over with a new .wine.
3. Your version of wine is good for ie6.
4. You need the ie6setup.exe from
2. Go to Frank's Corner and use their instructions. Use method 3.
"Never touch a running system! Never run a touching system?
Never run a touchy system!!!"
----- End forwarded message -----
More information about the wine-users