Autorunning a CD

Joachim von Thadden thadden at web.de
Fri Feb 20 10:33:45 CST 2004

Am Don, Feb 19, 2004 at 11:51:00 -0500 schrieb Dominic Genest:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to tell wine to do what Windows would automatically do if we
> inserted the CD ? I mean the commands and options specified in "AUTORUN.INF",
> I think...

I don't think so. You do not have an winexplorer as filemanager and as I
know this peace of software is responsible for that. Also it would be a
problem because if you look into the config, wine knows only the device
and the mount point about the device. How should it handle this? There
are ways and patches to linux to automatically mount CDs. This might be
a solution.

Anyway, perhaps someone else can tell us how to execute *.inf files. I
would use the Total Commander for that, but there is no context menu
under wine. I think this is also implemented by the winexplorer under
windows.

Regards
	Joachim
          Never run a touchy system!!!"