How do you completely remove wine and start over?

Jeramy Ashlock ashlock at bechtel.colorado.edu
Fri Feb 20 20:10:38 CST 2004

Hi Wayne,

If the leftover files you are talking about are the ones in the /usr/src
directory because you originally installed it **from a .src.rpm**, I
have just gone and deleted those all from the SPECS/RPMS/BUILD etc...
directories after uninstalling the package.  To me, they seem like
leftover installation files once the package is installed.  You may
first want to find out if this is OK to do (for any .src.rpm package for
that matter).  This is from one newbie to another, so take it with a
grain of salt.

However, if you just installed wine from an ordinary .i386.rpm, (not a
source rpm),  then just remove your .wine directory (rm -rf ~/.wine) and
type "wine" and it will be created anew.  then you can edit the config
file and do a "wineboot".  You will loose all your programs installed on
the fake win drive and any customizations you made in the config file.