Running cabarc.exe under Wine: FCICreate() failed

Alexander Farber Alexander.Farber at t-online.de
Sat Feb 21 06:03:24 CST 2004

Hi,

has anyone succeeded in running Miscrosoft's cabarc.exe on Linux?
The "wine cabarc.exe n mycab.cab *.class *.gif *.au" fails with:

  Microsoft (R) Cabinet Tool - Version 5.1.2600.0
  Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved..

  Creating new cabinet 'MyApplet.cab' with compression 'MSZIP':
  FCICreate() failed: code 4 [Could not create a temporary file]

I then look into my home dir and see many zero-sized ~/xx1234.tmp
files. When I run strace, I notice error messages like:

  ioctl(9, VFAT_IOCTL_READDIR_BOTH, 0x40590850) = -1
  ENOTTY (Inappropriate ioctl for device)

But not sure if they are the reason. The full strace output
and the binary can be found at http://pref.dyndns.org/cabarc/
I'm using RedHat and 2.4.20 kernel.

Regards
Alex