Quick Divide By Zero Exception

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 22 08:14:00 CST 2004

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 01:01:06 +1100, you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run quicken (and other apps) using a recent version of
> wine (from CVS) and I get divide by zero exceptions on startup. The
> winedbg trace is listed below:

Are we to guess what happens when you start it with wine ?

> winedbg /disks/dos/Program\ Files/quickenw/qw.exe

cd to the program directory first. Then start wine(dbg).

[snip]

> In 32-bit mode.
> Wine-dbg>s
> Stopped on breakpoint 1 at 0x0073aaf6 (qw.exe.EntryPoint in qw.exe)
> Wine-dbg>s

Just say c(ontinue) here.

> Single stepping until exit from function,
> which has no line number information.
> First chance exception: divide by zero in 32-bit code (0x00407cfa).

Notice "First chance exception" ? It means that the exception did occur,
but has not been handled by the exception handler yet.

You only see this because you are running winedbg. Use the command
"pass" to pass it to the exception handler, keep pressing "pass" until
you get something else then a first chance exception.

> - Installed wine 'clean'
> - Have windows 98 on another partition. Had to copy some quicken DLLs to
> fakewindows/system dir

You seem to have installed quicken under w98? Copying dll's is probably
not enough, registry information might be important, other files that
where installed in the x:\windows directory.
Try to install under wine.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes