Guidance needed for FoxPro app

Mark Burdick meburdick at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 07:22:18 CST 2004

Greetings, all. Here's some quick background that may be helpful...
I've been using Linux for almost 10 years, and am pretty comfortable
with it (multiple distro's). I work for a Novell partner and we are
very interested in ramping up our Linux offering since Novell just
bought SuSE.

We are looking to replace all of our Windows servers with Linux ones,
and the first one to do is the Terminal Server. We aren't very
concerned about the mainstream apps (word processing, e-mail, etc.) as
there are excellent compatibles available for Linux. Our major concern
is with a home-grown app we use to track service calls. The program was
written in FoxPro 2.6a.

I have installed Wine20040213-0 on my SuSE 9 machine. When I try to
launch the app, I am getting a WATCOM popup box that says Read Error.

Can anyone at least point me in the right direction of where to start?

Thanks in advance,

-Mark