Using .fon files with wine's native font rendering

Stephen Mollett molletts at
Tue Feb 24 04:55:45 CST 2004

I need to use a custom .fon bitmap font under Wine,
but the only way I can get it to work (having
converted it to a .pcf according to the docs) is to
use X11 font rendering - ie. removing all the TTFs
from my pseudo-c:\windows\fonts directory.

I've tried things like putting the .fon file (and the
converted .pcf files) into the fonts directory, but
it's not seen by Wine.

Is there a way to use a bitmap font under Wine while
still using native rendering for TrueType fonts?