Serial port communication

Vlad Britt vlad.britt at
Tue Feb 24 12:09:17 CST 2004

I'm trying to use my Visual C++ program under Linux using Wine.
My program configurates a serial port, sends and receives data through it.

At first everything seemed to be running, but then I noticed a very curious thing: the program running under wine seems to have no notice when a single byte was sent to it to the serial port. If I send two or more bytes - everything OK. With one byte - no effect.

It is very important for me to receive single bytes, because my program communicates with a device, that sometimes sends confirmation consisting of a single byte.

May be anyone can give me some hint. I am new to Linux, so some advice where to start looking would be also very valuable to me.

Vlad Britt