steam and wine

chris holzschuh cholzsc1 at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jan 3 16:31:38 CST 2004

Thing is alsa works on machine suse 9.0 but in wine it does not i have
the config set to wineoss.drv when i select winealsa no sound in game
here is a copy of my config if you have any suggestions , that would be
great!

WINE REGISTRY Version 2
;; All keys relative to \\Machine\\Software\\Wine\\Wine\\Config

;;
;; MS-DOS drives configuration
;;
;; Each section has the following format:
;; [Drive X]
;; "Path"="xxx"       (Unix path for drive root)
;; "Type"="xxx"       (supported types are 'floppy', 'hd', 'cdrom' and
'network')
;; "Label"="xxx"      (drive label, at most 11 characters)
;; "Serial"="xxx"     (serial number, 8 characters hexadecimal number)
;; "Filesystem"="xxx" (supported types are 'msdos'/'dos'/'fat',
'win95'/'vfat', 'unix')
;;   This is the FS Wine is supposed to emulate on a certain
;;   directory structure.
;;   Recommended:
;;   - "win95" for ext2fs, VFAT and FAT32
;;   - "msdos" for FAT16 (ugly, upgrading to VFAT driver strongly
recommended)
;;   DON'T use "unix" unless you intend to port programs using Winelib !
;; "Device"="/dev/xx" (only if you want to allow raw device access)
;;

[Drive A]
"Path" = "/floppy"
"Type" = "floppy"
"Label" = "FLOPPY1"
"Device" = "auto"
[Drive C]
"Path" = "c"
"Type" = "hd"
"Label" = "c"
"Filesystem" = "win95"
"Codepage" = "0"

[Drive M]
"Type" = "cdrom"
"Path" = "/cdrom"
"Label" = "CD-ROM1"
"Filesystem" = "win95"
"Device" = "auto"
[Drive Y]
"Type" = "${CXOFFICE_DRIVE_TYPE_HACK}"
"Path" = "${HOME}"
"Label" = "Home"
"Filesystem" = "win95"
"Codepage" = "0"

[Drive Z]
"Type" = "${CXOFFICE_DRIVE_TYPE_HACK}"
"Path" = "/"
"Label" = "Root"
"Filesystem" = "win95"
"Codepage" = "0"

[wine]
"Windows" = "c:\\Windows"
"System" = "c:\\Windows\\system"
"Temp" = "c:\\Windows\\Temp"
"Path" = "c:\\Windows;c:\\Windows\\system;y:\\"
;;"Profile" = "c:\\Windows\\Profiles\\Administrator"
"GraphicsDriver" = "x11drv"
; Wine doesn't pass directory symlinks to Windows programs by default.
; Enabling this may crash some programs (typically installers) that do
; recursive lookups of a whole directory tree in case of a symlink
; pointing back to itself.
;;"ShowDirSymlinks" = "1"
;;"ShowDotFiles" = "1"
"ShellLinker" = "wineshelllink"
"LinkProcessor" = "winemenubuilder.exe"
; Use case sensitive path here, Wine is not the only place where this
value
; is used
"IconsDir" = "c:\\Windows\\Icons"
; name of the freetype library
"FreeTypeLib" = "libcxfreetype.so"

[Restart]
"Boot" = "c:\\Windows\\System\\reboot.exe"

# [wineconf]

[Version]
; Windows version to imitate
(win95,win98,winme,nt351,nt40,win2k,winxp,win20,win30,win31)
"Windows" = "win98"
; DOS version to imitate
;;"DOS" = "6.22"

; Be careful here, wrong DllOverrides settings have the potential
; to pretty much kill your setup.
 [DllOverrides]
"mshtml" = "native"
; For ie6
"*comctl32" = "builtin"
; For Outlook97
"mapi" = "native, builtin"
"mapi32" = "native, builtin"
; Native dlls needed for various parts of the install
"ole32" = "native, builtin"
"compobj" = "native, builtin"
"ole2" = "native, builtin"
"ole2nls" = "native, builtin"
"ole2conv" = "native, builtin"
"ole2prox" = "native, builtin"
"ole2thk" = "native, builtin"
"storage" = "native, builtin"
"olepro32" = "native, builtin"
"rpcrt4" = "native, builtin"
"oleaut32" = "native, builtin"
"msvcrt" = "native, builtin"
"wininet" = "native, builtin"
; for the ie runonce
"setupapi" = "native, builtin"
"devenum" = "native, builtin"
"quartz" = "native, builtin"
"urlmon" = "native"
"shdocvw" = "native, builtin"
"jscript" = "native, builtin"
"wintrust" = "native, builtin"
"shlwapi" = "native, builtin"
"secur32" = "native, builtin"
"crypt32" = "native, builtin"
"ddraw" = "native, builtin"
; allow launching user.exe (for Remedy)
"*user.exe" = "native,builtin"
; default for all other dlls
"*" = "builtin, native"

; ie6 install does this sometime...
"*advapi32" = "builtin"

; For Access 2000
"url" = "native, builtin"

; For XP and ie6
"*comctl32" = "builtin"

; For Outlook97
"*mapi" = "native, builtin"
"*mapi32" = "native, builtin"

; Native dlls needed for various parts of the install
"ole32" = "native, builtin"
"compobj" = "native, builtin"
"ole2" = "native, builtin"
"ole2nls" = "native, builtin"
"ole2conv" = "native, builtin"
"ole2prox" = "native, builtin"
"ole2thk" = "native, builtin"
"storage" = "native, builtin"
"olepro32" = "native, builtin"
"rpcrt4" = "native, builtin"
"oleaut32" = "native, builtin"
"msvcrt" = "native, builtin"
"wininet" = "native, builtin"
"cabinet" = "native"
"dciman32" = "native"
"*msi" = "native"

; for the ie runonce
"setupapi" = "native, builtin"
"devenum" = "native, builtin"
"quartz" = "native, builtin"
"urlmon" = "native"
"shdocvw" = "native, builtin"
"jscript" = "native, builtin"
"wintrust" = "native, builtin"
"shlwapi" = "native, builtin"
"secur32" = "native, builtin"
"crypt32" = "native, builtin"
"ddraw" = "native, builtin"

; for odbc
"odbc32" = "native, builtin"

; you can specify applications too
; this one will apply for all notepad.exe
;;"*notepad.exe" = "native, builtin"
; this one will apply only for a particular file
;;"C:\\windows\\regedit.exe" = "native, builtin"

; allow launching user.exe (for Remedy)
"*user.exe" = "native,builtin"
"*autorun.exe" = "native,builtin"

; for our custom version of the Internet Connection Wizard
"*ICWCONN1.EXE" = "builtin"

; default for all other dlls
"*" = "builtin, native"

[x11drv]
; Number of colors to allocate from the system palette
"AllocSystemColors" = "100"
; Use a private color map
"PrivateColorMap" = "N"
; Favor correctness over speed in some graphics operations
"PerfectGraphics" = "N"
; Color depth to use on multi-depth screens
;;"ScreenDepth" = "16"
; Name of X11 display to use
;;"Display" = ":0.0"
; Allow the window manager to manage created windows
"Managed" = "Y"
; If windows are managed, let the Window manager draw frames
; WMFrames = "Y"
; Use a desktop window of 640x480 for Wine
;;"Desktop" = "640x480"
; Use XFree86 DGA extension if present
; (make sure /dev/mem is accessible by you !)
"UseDGA" = "Y"
; Use XShm extension if present
"UseXShm" = "Y"
; Use XVidMode extension if present
"UseXVidMode" = "Y"
; Use the take focus protocol
"UseTakeFocus" = "Y"
; Enable DirectX mouse grab
"DXGrab" = "N"
; Create the desktop window with a double-buffered visual
; (useful to play OpenGL games)
"DesktopDoubleBuffered" = "N"
; Use this if you have more than one port for video on your setup
; (Wine uses for now the first 'input image' it finds).
;; "XVideoPort" = "43"
; Run in synchronous mode (useful for debugging X11 problems)
;;"Synchronous" = "Y"
;
; Use the Render extension to render client side fonts (default "Y")
;;"ClientSideWithRender" = "Y"
; Fallback on X core requests to render client side fonts (default "Y")
;;"ClientSideWithCore" = "Y"
; Set both of the previous two to "N" in order to force X11 server side
fonts
;
; Anti-alias fonts if using the Render extension (default "Y")
;;"ClientSideAntiAliasWithRender" = "Y"
; Anti-alias fonts if using core requests fallback (default "Y")
;;"ClientSideAntiAliasWithCore" = "Y"
;
; If we do fall back to XServer fonts then limit the search to the
; following pattern
"X11FontPattern" = "*-iso10646-1"
;
; Do not use X Input Method (default "N")
;;"NoXIM" = "N"
; Type of XIM input style. "offthespot", "overthespot", "root" (default
"root")
;;"InputStyle" = "root"

[fonts]
;Read documentation/fonts before adding aliases
"Resolution" = "96"
"Alias0" = "Tahoma, -adobe-helvetica-"

[FontDirs]
; The TrueType font dirs you want to make accessible to Wine
;;"dir1" = "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType"
;;"dir2" = "/usr/share/fonts/truetype"
;;"dir3" = "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TT"
;;"dir4" = "/usr/share/fonts/TT"

"Dir0" = "/usr/share/fonts/truetype"
"Dir1" = "/usr/share/fonts/truetype/openoffice"
"Dir2" = "/usr/share/fonts/ttf/decoratives"
"Dir3" = "/usr/share/fonts/ttf/western"
[serialports]
"Com1" = "/dev/ttyS0"
"Com2" = "/dev/ttyS1"
"Com3" = "/dev/ttyS2"
"Com4" = "/dev/modem"

[parallelports]
"Lpt1" = "/dev/lp0"

[ppdev]
;; key:  io-base of the emulated port
;; value : parport-device{,timeout}
;; timeout for auto closing an open device ( not yet implemented)
;;"378" = "/dev/parport0"
;;"278" = "/dev/parport1"
;;"3bc" = "/dev/parport2"

[ppd]
"generic" = str(2):"%WINEPREFIX%/generic.ppd"

[spooler]
"FILE:" = "tmp.ps"
"LPT1:" = "|lpr"
"LPT2:" = "|gs -sDEVICE=bj200 -sOutputFile=/tmp/fred -q -"
"LPT3:" = "/dev/lp3"

[ports]
;;"read" = "0x779,0x379,0x280-0x2a0"
;;"write" = "0x779,0x379,0x280-0x2a0"

[Debug]
"RelayExclude" =
"RtlEnterCriticalSection;RtlLeaveCriticalSection;_EnterSysLevel;_LeaveSysLevel;_ConfirmSysLevel;LOCAL_Alloc;LOCAL_Lock;LOCAL_Unlock;LOCAL_Free;GDI_GetObjPtr;GDI_ReleaseObj;WIN_GetPtr;WIN_FindWndPtr;WIN_ReleaseWndPtr;USER_Unlock"
;"kernel32.lstrcmpA;ntdll.*;x11drv.*;user32.*;gdi32.*"
;;"RelayInclude" = "user32.CreateWindowA"
;;"SnoopExclude" = "RtlEnterCriticalSection;RtlLeaveCriticalSection"
;;"SpyExclude" = "WM_SIZE;WM_TIMER;"

[registry]
;These are all booleans.  Y/y/T/t/1 are true, N/n/F/f/0 are false.
;Defaults are read all, write to Home
; Where to find the global registries
;"GlobalRegistryDir" = "/etc";
; Global registries (stored in /etc)
"LoadGlobalRegistryFiles" = "Y"
; Home registries (stored in ~user/.wine/)
"LoadHomeRegistryFiles" = "Y"
; Load Windows registries from the Windows directory
"LoadWindowsRegistryFiles" = "Y"
; TRY to write all changes to home registries
"WritetoHomeRegistryFiles" = "Y"
; Registry periodic save timeout in seconds
; "PeriodicSave" = "600"
; Save only modified keys
"SaveOnlyUpdatedKeys" = "Y"

[Tweak.Layout]
;; supported styles are 'Win31'(default), 'Win95', 'Win98'
;; this has *nothing* to do with the windows version Wine returns:
;; set the "Windows" value in the [Version] section if you want that.
"WineLook" = "Win95"

[Clipboard]
"ClearAllSelections" = "1"
"PersistentSelection" = "1"

; List of all directories directly contain .AFM files
[afmdirs]
"1" = "/usr/share/ghostscript/fonts"
"2" = "/usr/share/a2ps/afm"
"3" = "/usr/share/enscript"
"4" = "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"

[WinMM]
; Uncomment the "Drivers" line matching your sound setting.

"Drivers" = "wineoss.drv"      ; default for most common configurations
;"Drivers" = "winearts.drv"    ; for KDE
"Drivers" = "winealsa.drv"    ; for ALSA users
;"Drivers" = "winejack.drv"    ; for Jack sound server
;"Drivers" = "winenas.drv"     ; for NAS sound system
;"Drivers" = "wineaudioio.drv" ; for Solaris machines
;"Drivers" = ""                ; to disable sound
"WaveMapper" = "msacm.drv"
"MidiMapper" = "midimap.drv"

[WineOSS]
;;"LockFormat" = "16"
;;"LockStereo" = "1"
;;"LockRate" = "48000"

[dsound]
;; HEL only: Number of waveOut fragments ahead to mix in new buffers.
;;"HELmargin" = "5"
;; HEL only: Number of waveOut fragments ahead to queue to driver.
;;"HELqueue" = "5"
;; Max number of fragments to prebuffer
;;"SndQueueMax" = "28"
;; Min number of fragments to prebuffer
;;"SndQueueMin" = "12"
;; Forces emulation mode (using wave api)
;;"HardwareAcceleration" = "Emulation"
;; Sets default playback device (0 - number of devices - 1)
;"DefaultPlayback" = "0"	; use first device (/dev/dsp)
;"DefaultPlayback" = "1" 	; use second device (/dev/dsp1)
;"DefaultPlayback" = "2" 	; use third device (/dev/dsp2)
;; Sets default capture device (0 - number of devices - 1)
;"DefaultCapture" = "0"		; use first device (/dev/dsp)
;"DefaultCapture" = "1"		; use second device (/dev/dsp1)
;"DefaultCapture" = "2"		; use third device (/dev/dsp2)

[Network]
;; Use the DNS (Unix) host name always as NetBIOS "ComputerName"
(default "Y").
;; Set to N if you need a persistent NetBIOS ComputerName that possibly
differs
;; from the Unix host name. You'll need to set ComputerName in
;;
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\ComputerName\ComputerName, too.
;;"UseDnsComputerName" = "N"

;; sample AppDefaults entries

; InstallShield installers like to put their full screen window in
front,
; making it hard to switch to another X11 application.
; So just catch them in a desktop window.

[AppDefaults\\_INS0432._MP\\x11drv]
; Reader Rabbit Preschool
"Desktop" = "800x600"
"Managed" = "N"

[AppDefaults\\_INS432._MP\\x11drv]
; Reader Rabbit Preschool
"Desktop" = "800x600"
"Managed" = "N"

[AppDefaults\\_INS0466._MP\\x11drv]
"Desktop" = "800x600"
"Managed" = "N"

[AppDefaults\\_INS0576._MP\\x11drv]
; Some Installshield variations include the 0 before the 576...
"Desktop" = "800x600"
"Managed" = "N"

[AppDefaults\\_INS576._MP\\x11drv]
; Quickbooks
"Desktop" = "800x600"
"Managed" = "N"

[AppDefaults\\_INS5176._MP\\x11drv]
"Desktop" = "800x600"
"Managed" = "N"

[AppDefaults\\_INS5576._MP\\x11drv]
"Desktop" = "800x600"
"Managed" = "N"

;[AppDefaults\\sol.exe\\Version]
;;"Windows" = "nt40"
;
;; Some games (Quake 2, UT) refuse to accept emulated dsound devices.
;; You can add an AppDefault entry like this for such cases.
;[AppDefaults\\pickygame.exe\\dsound]
;;"EmulDriver" = "N"

[AppDefaults\\QuickTimeInstaller.exe\\x11drv]
"Desktop" = "800x600"
"Managed" = "N"

[AppDefaults\\QuickTimeInstaller(1).exe\\x11drv]
"Desktop" = "800x600"
"Managed" = "N"

[AppDefaults\\IpxSet32.exe\\x11drv]
"Desktop" = "800x600"
"Managed" = "N"

[AppDefaults\\demo32.exe\\x11drv]
; Lotus Notes R5 installer
"Desktop" = "800x600"
"Managed" = "N"

[AppDefaults\\ikernel.exe\\x11drv]
; quickbooks 2002 basic
"Desktop" = "800x600"
"Managed" = "N"

[AppDefaults\\idriver.exe\\x11drv]
; quickbooks 2003 basic
"Desktop" = "800x600"
"Managed" = "N"

[AppDefaults\\msiexec.exe\\DllOverrides]
; Microsoft Installer
"ole32" = "builtin"
"ole2" = "builtin"
"compobj" = "builtin"
"storage" = "builtin"
"olepro32" = "builtin"
"ole2nls" = "builtin"
"ole2conv" = "builtin"
"ole2prox" = "builtin"
"ole2thk" = "builtin"

[AppDefaults\\ohotfix.exe\\DllOverrides]
; Microsoft Office 2000 sp3
"ole32" = "builtin"
"ole2" = "builtin"
"compobj" = "builtin"
"storage" = "builtin"
"olepro32" = "builtin"
"ole2nls" = "builtin"
"ole2conv" = "builtin"
"ole2prox" = "builtin"
"ole2thk" = "builtin"

[AppDefaults\\OUTLOOK.EXE]
; Placeholder for our MS Outlook DenyShellExecute setting
"DenyShellExecute" = "bat;com;exe;hta;lnk;pif;scr;vbe;vbs;wsf;wsh"

[AppDefaults\writeminidump.exe\DllOverrides]
"ole32" = "native"
"oleaut32" = "native"
"rpcrt4" = "native"
"urlmon" = "native"
"comctl32" = "builtin"
"wininet" = "builtin"
"shdocvw" = "native"
"shlwapi" = "native"
"crypt32" = "native"
"mshtml" = "native"

[AppDefaults\hl.exe\DllOverrides]
"ole32" = "native"
"oleaut32" = "native"
"rpcrt4" = "native"
"urlmon" = "builtin"
"comctl32" = "builtin"
"wininet" = "builtin"
"shdocvw" = "native"
"shdoclc" = "native"
"shlwapi" = "native"
"crypt32" = "native"
"mshtml" = "builtin"

[AppDefaults\steam.exe\DllOverrides]
"ole32" = "native"
"oleaut32" = "native"
"rpcrt4" = "native"
"urlmon" = "native"
"comctl32" = "builtin"
"wininet" = "builtin"
"shdocvw" = "native"
"shlwapi" = "native"
"crypt32" = "native"
"mshtml" = "builtin"

[AppDefaults\IEXPLORE.exe\DllOverrides]
"shlwapi" = "native"
"rpcrt4" = "native" "urlmon" = "native"
"ole32" = "native"
"shdocvw" = "native"
"wininet" = "native"
"shfolder" = "native"
"shell32" = "native"
"shell" = "native"
"comctl32" = "builtin"
"oleaut32" = "native"
"wininet" = "native"
"shlwapi" = "native"
"crypt32" = "native"
"mshtml" = "native"

;
; For ie6
;
[AppDefaults\\ie6setup.exe\\DllOverrides]
"wininet" = "builtin"

[AppDefaults\\ie6wzd.exe\\DllOverrides]
"wininet" = "builtin"

[AppDefaults\\rundll32.exe\\DllOverrides]
; to avoid mstime.dll error when installing IE
"ddraw" = "builtin"

[AppDefaults\\Shareaza.exe\\DllOverrides]
"Windows" = "winxp"
"*" = "native,builtin"

# [/wineconf]