StarCraft BroodWar Performace

Philippe Anctil z77y16 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 4 16:10:38 CST 2004

>Who can tell me some way to improve the performance of the StarCraft
>BroodWar in Wine-20031118 for RedHat 8.0 2.4.18-14 in a Pentium III at
>800mhz.

Hello,

I had very serious speed issues in RedHat9. It got better after I compiled a
new kernel (2.4.23). I lost the link where this was suggested.

I am also unsure how important this is, but I am also running Starcraft in a
16bpp display in the hope it is making the pixel conversion a little faster
(Starcraft is a 8bpp only game). I also set the display to the game
resolution, as I had problems with the game not keeping the cursor inside
it's window for a while.

I wrote a small howto for running games in a dedicated display. You can find
it here:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?postid=681528#post681528

I hope it helps making your Linux gaming experience better!