IPX + Wine + Red Alert 2

Alban Browaeys albanbrowaeys at oreka.com
Sun Jan 18 22:02:34 CST 2004

Le Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:45:12 +0100, Ivan Leo Murray-Smith a écrit :

> IPX isn't implemented in wine, I think some IPX work has been done
> recently, try the next version, rpms will be at
> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=6241

I did use IPX in starcraft 4 years ago in wine ... the problem to fix at
this timle was that windows use a non standard address (00000000?) as the
node address and linux ipx (ipx should be in the kernel module or not) is
standard compliant , ie. it refuse this address

The fix was to use another address on windows (eg. 1234567...) and
configure linux ipx with the same

Alban

Ps: maybe new wine as a workaround to this problem ... just my 2c