Problem with CAD application in wine

Jeff Melville jmelvil1 at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jan 24 15:48:02 CST 2004

I'm trying to run a cad application in wine, and after finally resolving
   all of my DLL issues, wine outputs this:

err:module:import_dll No implementation for
shell32.dll.SHCoCreateInstance imported from
L"C:\\WINDOWS\\SYSTEM\\avifil32.dll", setting to 0xdeadbeef
err:heap:HEAP_CreateSystemHeap system heap base address 0x65430000 not
available
err:heap:HEAP_CreateSystemHeap system heap base address 0x65430000 not
available
err:heap:HEAP_CreateSystemHeap system heap base address 0x65430000 not
available
err:heap:HEAP_CreateSystemHeap system heap base address 0x65430000 not
available
wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0045), starting debugger...

The splash screen of the app loads, and the main window is outlined but
never gets painted before the exception.

My approach of importing native dlls for everything that it complained
about seems to have run out... so how should I go about debugging it
further?  I turned all debug messages on, but there was so much on the
screen and slowed down loading so much I wasn't quite sure what to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks