Problem with CAD application in wine

Jeff Melville jmelvil1 at rochester.rr.com
Tue Jan 27 12:46:49 CST 2004

Rein Klazes wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:28:43 -0500, you wrote:
>

>>Sorry, here is the extra info:
>>
>>Wine Release 20040121 official mandrake rpm from winehq.org running on
>>Mandrake 9.2
>>
>>The following native DLL's are being used from a OEM WinME install:
>>mfc42 (set in global overrides)
>>The rest are for just the exe:
>>shell
>>shell32
>>shlwapi
>>msvcrt
>>msvbvm60
>>shdocvw
>>wininet
>>
>>I added these all one by one after it complained about problems with the
>>builtin ones, afterwards complaints about these dlls seemed to go away.
>

> Thanks, that clarifies it.
>
> You are using builtin avifil32 and  native shell* dll's. That apparently
> is not a compatible combination. See if native avifil32 works.
>
> Rein.

I go the native avifil32 off my old win install, and surprisingly, the
errors do not change at all.  I'm beginning to think that this dll issue
is not the cause though, as there is a delay between those two messages.
  I am going to pursue some of the debugging links that people have
posted and see what develops.

Thanks