serial port communication - again

Raul Dias raul at dias.com.br
Thu Jan 29 07:23:24 CST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 10:32, Matthias Schweinoch wrote:
> hello,
>
> i am using wine 20040121, and the windows application i am trying to run
> need to communicate through the serial ports with an attached device.
> the problem is this: whenever i try to communicate with the serial
> device, i get the following error message:

Hi,

I have a fiscal serial printer from Itautec that only works with
wine <= 20001024 .

Other serial fiscal printers works with newer wines.

Somewhere after that wine, there was a major rewrite in the serial comm
parts (AFAIK).
This probably has to do on how the printer driver acccess the ports.

I suggest you try to see if wine-20001024 is capable of running your
application.
Another problem about this wine is that I couldn't compile it against
newer glibcs and gccs, so you will have to stick with older distros.

[]'s
Raul Dias