[Wine]Accessing Linux Drives/Folders from Wine-run Windows apllications

Parameshwara Bhat pbhat at ongc.net
Sat Jul 3 01:09:37 CDT 2004

Hello List,

My version of wine is wine-20040505-1fc1winehq and I run fedora1. This
works fine except for the fact that I can't open any files. I configured
the wine to use existing windows 98 installation ( a new clean
installation- unused as I work exclusively in Linux ).My Drives are setup
as follows:
[Drive A]
"Path" = "/mnt/floppy"
"Type" = "floppy"
"Label" = "Floppy"
"Device" = "/dev/fd0"

[Drive C]
"Path" = "/mnt/Windows98"
"Type" = "hd"
"Label" = "/mnt/Windows98"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

[Drive D]
"Path" = "/mnt/cdrom"
"Type" = "cdrom"
"Device" = "/dev/hdb"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

[Drive E]
"Path" = "/mnt/cdrom1"
"Type" = "cdrom"
"Device" = "/dev/scd0"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

[Drive X]
"Path" = "/tmp"
"Type" = "hd"
"Device" = ""
"Filesystem" = "win95"

[Drive Y]
"Path" = "%HOME%"
"Type" = "network"
"Device" = ""
"Filesystem" = "win95"

[Drive Z]
"Path" = "/"
"Type" = "hd"
"Label" = "Root"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

If I run notepad from console I can see all above drives except X and open
files. If I ryn winword from Windows installation, I can open 'open Files'
dialog, but cannot list or open files on any of the drives listed which
are A,C,Z only. I get the error message ' permission denied' and an
exception is raised which freezes winword.

Could anyboy help point the source of above behaviour?

Parameshwara Bhat