[Wine]Has anyone any experience with J++ and MSJVM

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Sat Jul 3 16:42:59 CDT 2004

Bill Medland wrote:

> Does anyone know if Microsoft J++ code and the the Microsoft JVM is know
> to work or known to not work under Wine?

I remember trying to install J++ 2 months or so ago, didn't work back then.
You could check the wine application compatibility database.

For getting Microsoft JVM to work I'd recommend first 'just try', and then
if that fails to look into the inf files that are used by Microsoft Windows
to (un)install it.

Try googling a bit and you will get hints on what file to look at. Try
deciphering what the inf file tries to do -most of the time pretty straight
forward- and reproduce that (eg. registering DLLs, creating registry keys)
under Wine.

> My bosses are suddenly interested in the subject.

Good luck :-)

        Henk Poley <><