[Wine]iso images

David Lee Lambert lamber45 at cse.msu.edu
Sun Jul 4 12:15:10 CDT 2004

On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 11:42:09PM -0500, observer wrote:

> I have copied some isos into the hd and im using them to run apps in
> wine without using the actual cds and i have some scripts like this:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> export WINECDROM=$softdir/iso/games/blizzard/StarCraft/mount/
> export WINECDROMLABEL=STARCRAFT
> wine $1 $2 'C:\\Program Files\\Starcraft\\StarCraft.exe'

this would take care of the file itself:

#!/bin/sh
rm -f $HOME/.wine/dosdevices/g:
ln -s $softdir/iso/games/blizzard/StarCraft/mount/  \
  $HOME/.wine/dosdevices/g:

but I'm not sure how to set the label in this case.  For my part,  I don't
see what we've gained by the dosdevices directory except a bunch of
incompatibilities.

--
resume at  http://www.cse.msu.edu/~lamber45/resume.htm
PGP key at http://www.cse.msu.edu/~lamber45/newmail.htm#GPGKey