[Wine]Pegasus Mail hangs during minimizing/maximizing of window

Timo Steuerwald timo.steuerwald at gmx.de
Mon Jul 5 18:25:22 CDT 2004

Am 5 Jul 2004 um 9:46 hat David Jones geschrieben:

> Note: I use Pegasus Mail under OS/2 and Windows, not WINE or Linux ...
>
> BUT I've used it for many years. Pegasus is very sensitive to printer
> drivers - especially the 4.x series. It checks with the printer driver
> before rendering email. It sounds to me like it is having some problem
> with the printer driver you are using.
>
> The way to test this under Windows is to set up a plain text (generic
> TTY) printer as the default Windows printer, and see if the problem goes
> away. If it does, the problem lies with the printer driver. If it
> doesn't, its a problem with Pegasus' screen rendering. I don't know
> about the screen rendering in the 4.x series, but v3.12c and earlier had
> their own quirks in that area because Pegasus uses a Borland Windows
> Custom Controls DLL, and a flakey RTF/HTML editing component called TER
> that I understand is in the process of being replaced.
>
> Sorry, I can't be of much help. For my use of Win-apps under Linux, I
> find Win4Lin more effective.

No, you've wrong. For my problem the kind of "work around" that Rein Klazes
has described is the right solution. The error appears by the use of the default
setting: If you minimize Pegasus Mail, then there will - per default setting -
disappear the taskbar item. So, during a minimized Pegasus Mail there is only
the small Pegasus Mail icon (left to the clock) visible. IMHO WINE thinks
every WIN32 application must have it's own taskbar item over the whole
lifetime of the process. After altering the settings, as Rein described it,
everything work well.

Bye,

Timo