[Wine]Regression Testing--DVD Lab

Rein Klazes rklazes at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 8 03:15:57 CDT 2004

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 22:21:42 -0500, you wrote:

> I'm conducting regression testing for a problem I'm having with DVD Lab,
> a DVD authoring application.  I'm doing the testing by "brute force,"
> updating my tree to a different date and time to get the problem to
> create itself. <There are no thumbnails or preview in the current
> version.  These features were available in 20040408>

You did read the "how to do regression testing" chapter in the developer
guide?

> I have the full-cvs from the ftp site and have found the Commit Log.
> Once I have identified the date and time at which the problem appears is
> there a way to selectively add and remove patches, elegantly, as opposed
> to building for each patch,  to change the state of what I'm doing.

What is not elegant about "cvs update" ? With the -D option you can
update with to the second precision to the historical commit state that
you want.

If you know what you are doing you can sometimes take a short-cut, but
personally it bit me more then once and I was actually loosing time by
trying to be smart.

I have installed a package ccache which speeds up rebuilding the tree
with only a few changes considerably.

> Right now my abilities dictate that I could only post to the developers
> list the date and time brackets in which the offending patch was sent to
> the commits and let someone else determine which patch needed work.  I
> would rather identify the patch for the developers.

Pointing to the commit should be possible. You basically keep bracketing
the date and time, so that at each step the number of possible commits
is halved.

Rein.
--
Rein Klazes