[Wine]Can't install Dreamweaver MX

Holly Bostick motub at planet.nl
Thu Jul 8 10:48:33 CDT 2004

Angela Burrell wrote:

>Hi there, I'm resending this message in the hopes that someone out there can
>help me!

InstallShield doesn't really work under pure Wine (that's the main
reason one pays for WineX or Crossover Office, as they have paid for a
license to work with InstallShield installers).

However, this does not mean all is lost... I have no InstallShield
problems under Wine, because I backed up C:\Program Files\Common
Files\InstallShield on my Win98 install before I blew it away. If you
use Win2K or WinXP, the InstallShield files are in something like
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\InstallShield. I
also have the \dcom98 folder that was contained in C:\Windows\System, so
I've never had to install that either.

If you have a license for the same version of Windows that you are
emulating (I emulate Win98, but other versions are naturally possible),
and it is still installed, or you can copy the files from another
machine, then copying the support files from a Windows-installed
InstallShield to the analagous location in your "fake_windows" directory
should get you past the InstallShield errors at least. Getting
Dreamweaver to work after that is up to you ;-).

Hope this helps.

Holly