[Wine]Can't install Dreamweaver MX

Angela Burrell angela at jobsearchnetwork.ca
Thu Jul 8 15:14:08 CDT 2004

Holly

A fantastic suggestion. In fact, I have copied over the files from
InstallShield on a Windows 98 computer since I couldn't get DCOM95 to
install at the time. Now, I have DCOM98 installed in wine and neither
configuration would work. I'm down to about 3 errors now,

1. --> fixme:file:SetFileAttributesW Couldn't set file attributes for
existing file "/home/angela/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Windows/[any conceivable
path and filename]".
Check permissions or set VFAT "quiet" mount flag [it is]

2. --> fixme:seh:check_resource_write Broken app is writing to the resource
data, enabling work-around

3. --> fixme:ntdll:FILE_GetNtStatus Converting errno 116 to
STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

While the dialog box just says "An installation support file 'C:\Program
Files\Common Files\InstallShield\engine\6\intel 32\corecomp.ini' could not
be installed.(0x80070002)" [OK]

... and wine dies.

I am curious how you got yours working, Holly... what Linux distro/version
and wine version do you have?