[Wine]Can't install Dreamweaver MX

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Thu Jul 8 17:13:23 CDT 2004

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 17:48:33 +0200, Holly Bostick wrote:
> InstallShield doesn't really work under pure Wine (that's the main
> reason one pays for WineX or Crossover Office, as they have paid for a
> license to work with InstallShield installers).

We did? Heh, I wish it was that easy!

Nope, the only thing CodeWeavers has paid for (I work for them) is a
license from Apple for font hinting.

The reason InstallShield works out of the box in CrossOver is
mostly because:

a) we ship a mini stdole32.tlb file by default. You can steal this file
from a Windows box if you like. Drop it in your fake c:\windows\system
directory, and InstallShield should now at least start up and run.

b) we pull in native DCOM for a lot of things. You can install that in
stock Wine like this:

WINEDLLOVERRIDES='ole32=n' wine DCOM95.EXE

then, run InstallShields like this:

WINEDLLOVERRIDES='ole32,oleaut32,rpcrt4=n' wine setup.exe

thanks -mike