[Wine]Wine Installation on RHEL 8 & WS3 - Font Metrics Initialization

S Buvaneswari bhoovi_s at rediffmail.com
Thu Jul 8 23:50:29 CDT 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Hi

 I tried Installing June version of Wine (wine-20040615-1rh9winehq.i386.rpm) on RHEL 9 & RHEL WS 3.

 After Installation, if we run wine command (either wine or wineboot), .wine folder is created & this process takes around 5 minutes depending on the processor due to Font Metrics Initialization.

 The same thing is not happening with earlier version of wine or with same version of wine on RHEL Desktop.

 Is there any way to avoid this Font Metric Initialization ?

Regards
S Bhuvaneswari