[Wine]Can't install Dreamweaver MX - SOLVED

Angela Burrell angela at jobsearchnetwork.ca
Mon Jul 12 10:51:26 CDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: wine-users-admin at winehq.org [mailto:wine-users-admin at winehq.org]On
Behalf Of Angela Burrell
Sent: July 12, 2004 9:17 AM
To: Mike Hearn
Cc: wine users
Subject: RE: [Wine]Can't install Dreamweaver MX - SOLVED

>> killall -9 wine-preloader wine-pthread wine-kthread
>> wineserver -k
>> rm -rf ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/InstallShield
>>
>> Then try running it again.

FYI: I had to do the same thing again for (e.g.) FreeHand MX.
I assume, people with the same problem as me (if any) will probably have to
do this every time.

Note: Both Dreamweaver and FreeHand MX have installed fine. However, both do
not run.

Dreamweaver:
"Dreamweaver encountered a fatal exception. Dreamweaver will now terminate."
(Konsole: ) wine: Unhandled exception (thread 000a), starting debugger...

FreeHand:
(konsole: ) fixme:winspool:WINSPOOL_EnumPrinters We don't handle
PRINTER_ENUM_CONNECTIONS
fixme:font:GetKerningPairsW (0x7c,0,(nil)): almost empty stub!
[ returns to a command prompt. Wine never starts. ]

Oh well. Back to the drawing board :-)

--Angela