[Wine]FMOD audio engine fails to initialize DirectMusic

Robert Reif reif at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 14 07:24:52 CDT 2004

Francois Gouget wrote:

>Why does DirectSound need full-duplex?
>It doesn't seem like it should be needed for simple playback.
>In fact I said I would send a patch to change this ERR to a WARN and I
>guess this means I'm overdue...

According to the comment in the code, you need to mmap the memory R/W in
linux for it to work. R/W permission implies full duplex the way the
driver is
currently written.

I have not tried different mmap permissions to see if the linux bug is
real or
still exists.  It's weird to do it that way but it's a work around for a
bug that
may not be valid any more.  Can the person that wrote the code comment?