[Wine]Problem

Joachim von Thadden j.thadden at t-online.de
Wed Jul 14 15:52:42 CDT 2004

Am Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 12:42:59PM +0530 schrieb Kuldeep Singh Tomar:
> Hi All,
>
> I am very new to this list. We are using wine for some of the
> application from migrating our desktop from Windows to Linux. We find it
> really very useful.
>
> Here I am facing one problem. We are able to run Internet Explorer on
> Linux using wine without any problem and infact it is running great
> except one problem. In Combobox(ListBox) when we try to select any item
> using any alphabet, it is not working. Is any body in the list faced
> such problem for any application running through wine or there is any
> work around for it. we have to use any builtin/native dll for it.

Hmm, we don't have the same problem. We are using
- wine-20031212
- DCOM98
- IE6 SP1

ComboBoxes are working in the same screwed up way they do under Windows:
You have to type the first letter of the desired entry as many times as
it's position in the list is (starting the count with the first entry
with the typed letter) instead of just typing the word as it is. Who
ever had this simple minded idea at M$ did never use it!!!

Perhaps you can tell us whether you have a solution for the following
two anoying problems with IE6 that most of us have?

1. new windows simply don't work
2. favorites don't work

Regards
	Joachim