[Wine]FMOD audio engine fails to initialize DirectMusic

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Thu Jul 15 07:37:17 CDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Paul Davis wrote:

> >Hmm, the specs don't actually say that opening RDWR only works
>
> Warning - basing this on the OSS API is probably a mistake. Although
> ALSA supports the OSS API, its also preferable to use the ALSA API for
> a variety of reasons, most of them related to interoperability with
> different audio interfaces and user configured I/O configurations.

I don't understand you. We are discussing a problem in the wineoss sound
backend. This backend interfaces with the OSS API. Are you saying Wine's
OSS backend should use Alsa???

If you want a native Alsa interface then use winealsa.drv.

                         Stolen from an Internet user:
              "f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng !"