[Wine]Hoyle problem

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Thu Jul 15 22:36:50 CDT 2004

Hello,
I just joined this list, and my main reason is to get help with a problem I'm
having.  I just upgraded my machine to Fedora Core 2, and the wine version I
have is 20031016.  It runs most programs fine, but one that has worked in the
past with earlier versions both of wine and Red Hat (version 9, specifically)
is Hoyle Card Games by Sierra.  When I try to run it, I get the following
message.  I ran it from a terminal prompt specifically to get the message,
but my daily logs show the same when I try to run it from an icon link.
Here's the message:

err:virtual:map_image Standard load address for a Win32 program (0x00400000)
not available - security-patched kernel ?
wine: could not load L"C:\\sierra\\Hoyle Card Games 4\\Hoyle Card Games.exe"
as Win32 binary

Not being a programmer, I have no idea what this means or how to fix it.   Can
anybody help?

Thanks,

--
Dave Washburn