[Wine]Hoyle problem

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Fri Jul 16 11:57:38 CDT 2004

I couldn't find one.  The nearest I could find was one for FC1, and I thought
I searched all over sourceforge.  Where might it be?

In the meantime, I took a look in the archives of the fedora list and I'm
gonna try the 12-2003 version.  Here goes nuttin'......

On Friday 16 July 2004 00:03, Ruediger von Creytz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> did you try the latest wine version for FC2, too? There seems to be a
> patch for FC2 in it.
>
> Ruediger
>
> Dave Washburn wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I just joined this list, and my main reason is to get help with a problem
> > I'm having.  I just upgraded my machine to Fedora Core 2, and the wine
> > version I have is 20031016.  It runs most programs fine, but one that has
> > worked in the past with earlier versions both of wine and Red Hat
> > (version 9, specifically) is Hoyle Card Games by Sierra.  When I try to
> > run it, I get the following message.  I ran it from a terminal prompt
> > specifically to get the message, but my daily logs show the same when I
> > try to run it from an icon link. Here's the message:
> >
> > err:virtual:map_image Standard load address for a Win32 program
> > (0x00400000) not available - security-patched kernel ?
> > wine: could not load L"C:\\sierra\\Hoyle Card Games 4\\Hoyle Card
> > Games.exe" as Win32 binary
> >
> > Not being a programmer, I have no idea what this means or how to fix it.
> >  Can anybody help?
> >
> > Thanks,

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur