[Wine]Diablo 2 "No start menu found"

John Nielsen knoglen at tele2.fr
Sat Jul 17 04:36:55 CDT 2004

Hi all,

Im having problems installing Diablo 2 with wine. The version of wine im
using is 20040615. The installer opens a window with the error messsage "No
start menu found". In the console i get a "fixme:dialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task
modal msgbox ! Not modal yet" .When i click ok, the program exits.

I have installed Diablo2 in the past with older versions of wine, but a lot
of things have changed in wine since I last tried it. The whole dosdevice
symlink thing is new. The wine command allso segfaults every time i use it,
but i can make things work with wine-pthread. Why is that? It is quite
possible that im missing something that is painfully obvious to everyone
else.

I looked on google and found several mentions of this same problem. The fix
is supposedly to add an entry in regedit. I have tried to do this, but it
didnt solve my problem.

What do you guys do to make this game work in wine?

Thanks for any help.

John