[Wine]problems with installer for bridge base online

Bill Medland billmedland at mercuryspeed.com
Mon Jul 19 17:11:23 CDT 2004

On June 27, 2004 12:29 am, Evan Daniel wrote:
> I'm attempting to run the Bridge Base Online installer
> (ftp://www.bridgebase.com/bbo_setup.exe) under wine, but something
> isn't working.

snip

> wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...
> Usage: winedbg [--auto] [--gdb] cmdline
>
> (with no wine-dbg prompt)
>
> and then sits there doing nothing until I kill it.
>
> What is the next step in debugging this?  Am I doing something wrong?

Nope.  Things changed under you, I expect.

Use regedit to look at the registry.
Check the following entry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AeDebug
Debugger=....

I expect the command line contains something other than
winedbg --auto %ld %ld

If so then I suggest you simply remove the entry.

Then the debugger should start (and you can try to figure out what is actually
wrong)