[Wine]Can't load X dll...

Stefan Munz stefan.munz at itomig.de
Tue Jul 20 03:29:37 CDT 2004

Hi Dave,

Am Dienstag, 20. Juli 2004 03:54 schrieb Dave Washburn:
> My question is both general and specific.  First the specific: I'm trying
> to run Logos 2.0 Bible software under the latest release of wine that I got
> and installed from cvs about 2 days ago.  That release cured a lot of my
> woes (thanks to all who pointed me that way) but now when I try to run this
> particular program, it keeps telling me it can't load a particular DLL,
> specifically LEAD20.DLL which is part of the Logos package.  I've checked
> my wine.conf for the location of the system folder and made sure the file
> is there; when that didn't work I copied the file to the program's own
> system folder, and I just keep getting the same message.  I checked my
> Windows machine and found a couple of lines in the win.ini that weren't in
> my Linux one, so I added those and tried again.  No help.  What's the next
> step?

I assume you didn't you install the program in wine, but copy it from your
windows machine. I could solve some dll issues by exporting the registry
under windows and importing it in wine.

One other (maybe obvious) possibility is that the permessions on the copied
dll file are wrong.

> Now the general: this seems to happen occasionally with various programs,
> can't load a particular dll.  Is there a somewhat general cause for this in
> wine, or something along those lines?  I'm wondering about things like
> registry entries, upper/lower-case issues, or some such.  Thanks in
> advance,

I'm pretty sure that upper/lower case doesn't matter in the dlloverrides
section of the wine config file and in the path/file of a windows program
(i.e. wine START.EXE = wine start.exe).

Regards,

Stefan