[Wine]Setup could not retrieve volume information

Angela Burrell angela at jobsearchnetwork.ca
Tue Jul 20 16:35:18 CDT 2004

Hello I have Linux 2.4.22 and wine 20040615. emulating Windows ME.

I have been trying to get Dreamweaver to work for a very long time. I am
trying to re-install Windows Scripting host, and i get this message

"Windows Script 5.6. The setup program could not retrieve the volume
information for drive (C:\Windows\temp\IXP002.tmp).
System message: Access denied"
"Windows Script 5.6. The setup program could not retrieve the volume
information for drive (C:\).
System message: Access denied"
"Windows Script 5.6. The setup program could not retrieve the volume
information for drive (C:\Windows).
System message: Access denied"

Then, wine quits. There is no error message at the console.

I tried the following already:
killall -9 wine-preloader wine-pthread wine-kthread
wineserver -k
rm -rf /mnt/windows/Program\ Files/Common\ Files/InstallShield

Still the same error.

What does it mean and how to get around it?

Thanks!