[Wine]Re: wine seti@home team

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Wed Jul 21 10:28:36 CDT 2004

I have not tried in under wine. I doubt it would work as little else that
might want an internet hit does. Were it to work, I doubt it would run better
or faster as using wine extracts its own performance penalty.

I do miss the informative screensaver. With Linux, I just use tkseti to check
on it, pause it if need be, etc. Also, under Linux, one can assign it a nice
value keeping it out of the way of other applications. (Don't want that
supposed 10% hit, assign a different nice number!). With Windows, well, you
get whatever the default priorities give you.