[Wine]Win Scripting Host - corrupted cabinet?

Angela Burrell angela at jobsearchnetwork.ca
Thu Jul 22 08:07:07 CDT 2004

Hello...

All in the interests of getting Dreamweaver to work, I am trying to install
the new Wine version and Windows Scripting Host.

I did make clean for my old wine version and installed the new version of
Wine, and I believe I was successful: wine --version: 20040716

But when I run "wine scr56en.exe", wine starts the wizard and lets me agree
to the license, then gives the following error:

"Extracting file failed. It is most likely caused by low memory (low disk
space for swapping file) or corrupted Cabinet file."

In wine 20040615, the error was "Could not retrieve volume information for
drive (C:)", so I guess this is an improvement.

I have at my disposal a Windows 98 machine with Windows Scripting host
installed, the problem is I'm not sure what files are needed, and anyway I'm
concerned about the installer not working.

Also, do I need to re-install Dreamweaver now?

Thanks very much.

--AB